Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Reasons I Love Memphis!!!

1. It's my hometown, duh!!!!!
2. We have some of the best commercials in the world? (Dope out your veins, mo money taxes, I can keep going.....)
3. Despite its flaws the examples of successful black people I saw as I was growing up was amazing
4. Where else can you get 50 biscuits for $1.25 at Jack Pirtles?
5. Best barbecue in the world!!!
6. Home of Eightball & MJG and Three 6 Mafia, classics!!!
7. Not to mention the soul and blues music influence that comes from Memphis
8. The home of Beale Street
9. Our love of basketball
10. Dude, Graceland is there! Elvis!!!!! 
11. We have a freakin Pyramid!
12. When I look at the schools my classmates got into and the careers and lives they have now, Memphis public school system has produced some pretty awesome people
13. The history of Memphis, never forget
14. The view from my nom's apartment to sit back and just look at the Memphis bridge at night all lot up is amazing
15. Although I have never lived in Memphis as an adult, the activities and changes several of my friends are doing in Memphis I truly love
16. My family is there! I may only be able to take visiting in 48 hour increments, but those 48 hours are priceless!
17. Most people have friends in high and low places......crackheads to senators, namely mother who knows who to contact to get things done
18. The creativity that flows from Memphis is amazing
19. Home of the National Civil rights Museum
20. Every neighborhood is different, rep your hood!
21. Where most people's grandparents were from Orange Mound or South Memphis
22. The Mississippi River and riverfront park
23. The foundation Memphis and it's people gave me
24. Memphis is truly a great city
25. The First 48, Memphis was picked because of high solved crime rate
26. Memphis people can talk bad about Memphis, outsiders can't!
27. The churches and traditions, those hats!!!!!
28. The various dances that have started in Memphis, classic!
29. What are some of your favorite things about Memphis?

No comments:

Post a Comment